With the constant increase in global data security and privacy legal reporting requirements, and as data breaches grow in size and volume exponentially each year, it’s critical that organisations implement effective data breach response plans in order to reduce the risk that data breaches can have, on an organisation’s reputation and finances.
This workshop will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to detect and effectively respond to data incidents in an efficient, competent and coordinated manner, to mitigate the potential damage that a data incident can cause now, and in the future if it’s not managed properly.
- Post GDPR Review - Let's take the opportunity to review post GDPR lessons 12 months on from the regulatory go live. How has industry coped with the new regulatory requirement? What can we learn from ICO regulatory activity?
- Data Breach Response Management: Near Miss vs Breach. We will define a data breach response management framework and apply this to common data loss events engaging in group discussion to identify practical situational responses that a data privacy professional can leverage when faced with this critical event.
- Data Privacy Effectiveness. What are the key roles and responsibilities, and critical skills required across the data privacy function and organisation when faced with a critical data breach?
- Cyber Threat Risk Assessment.
- Interactive Practical - Group discussion around a recent industry Data Privacy Breach Case Study to explore what can be analysed in terms of threats, weaknesses and issues in order to mitigate those risks in our respective organisations.
This course will be led by Rachel Mulligan.
Rachel is a qualified Solicitor in the UK and an Attorney at Law after successfully being admitted to the New York Bar. Rachel has 20 years of experience across a range of sectors and is a Privacy expert with considerable experience on working with multi national organisations on data privacy compliance and training projects.
Rachel has managed global data privacy projects and training programmes at senior management level for multi-national corporations and FTSE 100 clients including Unilever, eBay, Virgin Active and Barings Asset Management. With a wealth of industry experience, Rachel is partnering with FourthLine Learning Solutions to help deliver successful and engaging learning interventions.
Who should attend:
- Data protection professionals
- Risk professionals with data protection responsibilities
Benefits of attending:
- Improve your organisation’s ability to respond to data incidents
- Make key critical decisions relating to data incidents with confidence
- Navigate the complexities that arise with data incidents and data breaches
- Acquire new tools, techniques, methods to identify and respond to breaches
- Improve confidence through peer networking
Choose this course when:
- Implementing a culture of data privacy best practice
- Introducing or developing an incident response programme
- Improving the ability to respond to security incidents
- Developing learnt responses to critical situations
- Envisioning challenges that may arise from a security incident
- Looking to enhance knowledge & awareness relating to data breaches
- Developing desired behaviours within data privacy culture
Request more information:
Run this course in-house: